|Event start||15:00 PM|
Since early March 2020, many people have been working from home because of the COVID-19 pandemic. This has led to a lot of discussion around the role of the office space and if the workplace and commercial buildings will change as we know them.
The pandemic has forced the adoption of new ways of working. Organizations must reimagine their work and the role of offices in creating a safe, productive, and enjoyable workplace environment.
The indoor acoustic environment plays a vital role in achieving these goals. This webinar deep dives into office spaces and how thinking about optimal acoustics in the early stages of a workspace design can pay off in the end. Increased productivity, lower stress levels and higher employee satisfaction is just some of the benefits.
– The fundamentals of sound and acoustics
– How noise can have a huge impact on our daily lives
– Why we should address acoustics in office environments
– Bad acoustic design vs. Good acoustic design
You will learn how to implement acoustic solutions without compromising aesthetics and how to transform noisy places into healthy, happy spaces where people can concentrate, collaborate and thrive.
- The Webinar join link and password will be sent via email latest 1 hour before the session for last minute sign ups.
- The Webinar will be opened for registered participants to enter 30 minutes before the session.
- The Webinar will be locked 10 minutes after session begins.
- During the sharing session, attendees other than the speakers/moderators will be muted.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the webinar chat and we will try to address them at the end
- During the Q&A Session, attendees will be unmuted to allow for discussion
- Do note that this session will be recorded
- Please be reminded to join the Webinar with an identifiable name for attendance tracking.
Mr Pascal van Dort
Pascal van Dort is working as Global Acoustics Ambassador at Rockfon. In this role he is helping architects, interior designers and building owners to understand the importance of sound, noise and acoustics and what impact it can have on people's health, happiness and well-being.
He is a member of the Acoustical Society of the Netherlands (NAG) and with an educational background in Building Acoustics he developed an expertise in room acoustics and acoustical solutions.
|4.30pm||Q & A|
|5.00pm||End of Event|
Terms & Conditions
- For SIA Members whose registrations have been confirmed, attendance is compulsory. Cancellation for complimentary registration is only allowed 3 working days before the actual event.
- Any absentee will be charged at $20.00.
- Ticket is non-transferable under all circumstances.
- Group registration will be subjected to group admin fee of $1 per ticket per transaction. Replacement/Cancellation of participant will not be allowed under group registration.
- QR code must be presented to record your attendance